Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ch. 19 & 20 Response

Chapter 19 was a chapter that was a bit comical. The fact that he did not know what a elevator was, was kinds funny. Then when he just stood there and waited for the doors to open i felt almost embarrassed for him. I was happy to find out that he was going to the UN, even though it was obvious that he was going to go. I also like the fact that when the interviewer asked if he has anything else to addd he said hat he was just wondering why the man was smialing.

Chapter 20 was a very happy chapter. When he first found out how cold it is and about snow was sorta funny. The discrpition he used in to say how cold it was in New York was deeply detailed. I found it a bit weard that he pictured New York as a place where people shot other people and got away with it. Towards th end of the chapter he was saying how he was going to miss the city was sad. In how he thought he will most likely never see it again. His final quote in the chapter to me felt reassuring that even if he died someone will know his story and will pass it on for other to know. In all, I liked these chapters because they showed how our parts of the world were very different. I am almost sad for this book to end. I really don't want it to end because it is so good. This is mostlikely my favorite book i have ever read.

1 comment:

amypfan said...

I'm so glad that you liked it!